Thursday, July 21, 2011

This is ALL bad

So, I am working towards my Masters of Public Health and I've been reading more articles about epidemics and such.  I came across this article in the New York Times  (click the link) and this is ALL BAD for Public Health professionals.  If you don't feel like reading the entire article I'll just post this quote (but I recommend reading the article.  It is very short). 

"Almost 6,000 villages are supposed to be under surveillance, the campaign reported, but a W.H.O. representative recently found that local monitors were badly trained and unsupervised."

Now how in the world is this exceptable.  Well, they didn't say that the people weren't reprimanded.  However, that is ridiculous especially on the behalf of the people responsible for educating the monitors. 

We have to do better. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment