Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hair Wants 7/27/2011

I haven't been spending nearly as much time with my hair as I did in the past. Now I'll wash it and let it sit in some braids or something. Before, I would do rollersets, press and curl, and let it sit in braids or something LOL.

My brother assumes I just don't care anymore. Which is definitely not the case. I am working towards long healthy hair. Having said that, it's not that I don't care. I just don't want to mess my hair up. I am recently recovering from some serious breakage and split ends. I had no idea what to do because my hair seemed to be so sensitive. One day I wanted to see how extensive the damage was so I clipped some of the hair from the damaged area (a decent amount) and saw that just about every strand had multiple split ends. It was a WTFreak, Man down, Code 10, O_o type situation.   I wanted to cry so bad. But I didn't. I revised my "hair regime" said some prayers (Had to ask God to help me) and kept it moving. Today, split ends aren't a problem in that region and really aren't a problem throughout my entire head.  I think I have my Aphogee products to thank for that.  Always come in handy.

A bit of advice to people: Don't try to follow the regimes of all the "Hair gurus". If you had a good "regime" before then stick with that and adjust when needed. I understand the want to buy every product that someone with long hair has when first introduced hair journeys. However, that may leave you broke and with hair a couple of inches longer than when you started. You really do need to assess what your hair likes and when it likes it. That's why I put regime in quotation marks. I don't think you need to say Monday you'll do this and Tuesday you'll do that, as if its mandatory. Yes, structure is necessary but doesn't have to be so rigid.  Your regime is like a cell.  Yes, I'm talking about eukaryotes and such LOL.  They need structure but can't be too rigid.  Otherwise, the cell can't function optimally and will probably die.  Unless you are a structured person you will eventually break free of a rigid routine because it will infringe on your life.  Keep it Simple in the words of my K.I.S.S. sisters.

Back to what I was talking about before.  The problem with me not doing as much to my hair now is my lack of a balanced system and sticking to it. I'm always worrying about the homework and studying I should be doing instead of goofing around doing "extra" things. So to resolve this issue I've been trying to let myself have a break if I want to chill out without thinking about school and all the things I have to do or should do.  In order to have a peace of mind and be successful a balanced system is essential.  You also need to leave PROCRASTINATION at the front door, and believe you me that bad boy always tries to hang around. :(

So I am going to make this happen.  I will be more playful with my hair.  This includes more flat-ironing (I know how much people hate that), Rollersets, Twist-outs, etc.  Don't worry...I love taking photos so as long as my husband will snap shots I will post them :)  I got some bad news for him though.  I'll need more earrings to go with my beautiful styles LMBO ;)

Have some fun people.

2 comments: