Friday, July 29, 2011

There are Polite People Left

I just witnessed an action that leads me to believe that kind people, specifically young people, are still around in the world.  Normally if I see someone needs help getting through a door because their hands are full, they are in a wheelchair, or for whatever other reason I will get up and help them out.  This time I couldn't see the door but a young lady saw some elderly people needed help.  She caught my attention because she was moving back and forth (I guess she was trying to see if they really needed help or not).  Well, the last person did and she went to help them immediately.  I am so happy to see that people have not lost all care for other people.  What she did was a very kind gesture that unfortunately a lot of people don't think to do, or at least I haven't seen many of these people. 


We need more people that are willing to go the extra mile or to simply do something nice for another person.  A lesson that I am learning from my reading this week is that our society is fulled with selfish greed-filled people.  It is rather sad.  Many of the problems that so drastically affect our environment, economy, and health care system are because of greedy people.  If excess money, not even money, were taken out of the equation I think we'd be a lot better off.  However, the goal of some people is to increase their profits as much as possible. For what reason you ask.  I couldn't tell you.  Maybe it is just my personality but I don't plan to succeed and be financially prosperous because I close doors on other people.  It just upsets me. 

I have work to do right now so I'll have to return later to elaborate on my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment