Friday, September 9, 2011

Where Have YOU Been???

Hey blog world!


A lot has been going on so I've been, capital letters, M. I. A.  So where to begin??? Let's start with hair.  My hair has been growing pretty well, despite the fact that my transition hasn't been the greatest process.  I've been dealing with split ends, dry ends...shoot dry roots, and whatever else.  But today was indeed a good hair day.  Quick synopsis of what I did...
  -Wash hair in two sections (Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair)
  -Let conditioner mix sit while I washed the other section.
         *Conditioner mix: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose w/ NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
  -Detangled hair while conditioner mix was still in it
  -Rinsed hair and applied ORS Deep Replenishing Pak (this may be a new love FOR REALZ.  My hair was super soft after I applied this stuff).
  -I let the conditioner sit on my head for about 30 minutes.
  -Rinsed hair and then prep'd for blow-dry.
           *Before blow-drying I let my hair t-shirt dry for a few minutes.  Then I applied my Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner and Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Reconstructer.  Then I used a very small amount of ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer with my Oil Combo.
   -I flatironed my hair later on in the evening.
I'll include some pics a little later.  But I loved my hair after this process.

Next, I've been adjusting to school.  I'm at a totally new campus and I barely know anyone here.  It sucked at first but I am getting used to everything.   BTW, I thought I'd like Epidemiology and thus far...I can't stand it LOL.  It's not the content that I don't like.  It's the way it's being taught. Just busy work at this point :( Pharmacology and Human Physiology seem pretty cool.  But I'm just now realizing that I'll need to buckle down on my study schedule more :( 

In addition to the classes I've been away from my husband and family.  I miss them like crazy too.  Perhaps, moving to a different state would have been a bad idea LOL.  On the bright side of things, when I'm driving to class I see all these animals: cows, horses, sheep.  It's so cool!  I've been meaning to snap a quick photo to send to my niece.  She's really into nature right now...hey, maybe she'll be a veterinarian  (still a doctor!)? LOL. 

Along with this new adventure has come a new diet.  First let me start by saying that I spent A LOT of money at the grocery store, which I hate btw.  I always spend way more than I tabulate in my head :(  Anyway, I got an assortment of fruits, some almonds, greek yogurt.  Now you'll notice that I didn't mention anything related to chocolate. Which no that I think about it I've been getting my chocolate kick with my Starbucks so....nevermind LOL.  Nevertheless, I purchased healthy foods from the grocery store.  I'm determined to look like a new woman, better yet like my old self pre senior year, by the time I go home from school.  Let's see if I can keep things moving forward! FINGERS CROSSED :)

I'm going to head to bed in a few and I think I'll end this blog with an announcement!  Starbucks has brought back the infamous...SALTED CARAMEL HOT CHOCOLATE.  And get this, they've added espresso to it, which is called Salted Carmel Mocha.  What is the Bucks trying to do to me? LOL 

2 comments:

  1. Keeping up with hair, school, and your health? Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I'm trying to stay on task. It is hard work as I'm sure you already know. Back to the grind I go :| lol

    ReplyDelete