Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 1 Operation No Starbucks Coffee

Ok so I've written numerous times that I Love Starbucks. My favorite drinks are the White Chocolate Mocha and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. But I think it's time for me to kick my habit, as my brother likes to so frequently call it. Not only are these things expensive, keeping in mind that I'm a broke grad student, but they contain a lot of sugar and unnecessary calories. I want to practice more healthy habits and lose some weight. Regardless of these goals I've been holding on to beloved Starbucks and cutting out everything else.  It was like my bargaining chip.  I've heard that coffee can be good for you. But don't be like me and confuse what the signature Starbucks espresso is for "coffee".  I think the new's stories are referring to brewed black coffee with NO extras.

So today instead of getting my usual I got a green tea and used some honey and sugar in the raw or whatever it's called. These are supposed to be good substitutes for the syrup that's in my Bucks. I'm not saying I'll never have another WCH again. I'm simply saying ...hello my name is __________ and I'm a Starbucks junkie. Lol. But on a serious note I've kicked this before and I will do it again. I know my pockets will be happy.

Back to the books
-V

P.S. I'm drinking more water too. So don't think I traded one drink for the other.
This is the China Green Tips.  It tasted like greens at first but then it got better with the honey and sugar. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment